Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems whth Image Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgonzalez

Programmer
Aug 2, 2000
MX
Hello

I hope that someone could help me...I am doing a image map, I set the URL like this href="main.html" but when a execute it doesn't work and tell me that can't find the page file:///C:/pages/main.html (main is the folder where I have all aplication. Someone know what is teh reason of this??..Someone told me that a need a web server is that true?(I am only working it like a test, for later set it in a web server)

Please someone know the reason??

Thanks

Sounds like the page requested is not in the same level as the current page. No need for a server, this can work off your local drive just find. Try either /filename.html or an absolute path C:\myWebs\mypage.htm. DeZiner
gear.gif width=45 align=left
When the gears stop turning,
we all stop learning.

Well I have tried that before but didn't worked,contiue show the path file:/// next to the absolute path (c:///C:\myWebs\mypage.htm).realy I tried all but doesn't work yet.Do you have any idea why?

Thanks

there should be no problem with viewing the page form file so my guess is deziner is right and you have your reference wrong. have you tried specifying the path to the new page from the page you have the map on like this...

imagine you have a page with an image map on in 'folder 1' and the page you link to in 'folder 2'. both folder 1 and 2 are inside 'folder A'...

your href would then be

href="../folder2/mypage.html"

the ../ is used to go up one level in the directorey structure.

hope this helps you get it sorted.

rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back