Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problems when logging off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Roughly 90% of the time whenever I log off in Windows xp -- either logging off or turning off the computer -- a message comes up which reads something like, "closing application qwysh.exe" When I do a "control/alt/delete" it lists qwysh.exe as one of the processes running.

Does anyone know what this might relate to? And why it hardly ever closes down on its own?

try a right click on the file (find it with Start, Search) and click Properties. Now, click on the "Details" tab (if it exists, i've got a french w2k) and it could show the manufacturer and a brief description

have u tried ending the qwysh.exe application down using ctrl+alt+delete before shutting your computer down,it sounds like something running in the background causing a software conflict, the worst that can happen is the computer will hang when u try to end the process, when u re-start it will run up again.
ifthis does cure it u will need to find out what he application is and if u need it running in the background if u don't let me knowand i will tell u how to stop it fromrunning at startup.

This is in fact a fiel you have picked up from the internet as part of the comet cursor crap.....one of those auto installed apps related to stupid pop-up sites....

Search you registry and delete all references to qwysh and then boot in safe mode and delete the C:\Program Files\zyncosspace fold and all its contents....

That should clean it out. Programming isn't a profession of choice.
It's a profession of calling...
"Hey Programmer, your application broke again!" [spin]

Robert L. Johnson III, A+, Network+, MCP
robert.l.johnson.iii@ssmb.com

I know this an old thread but.....I did alot of searching
on the web for this thing and found very few responses on
any of the search engines.
After doing some checking and recording all the reg keys
that this thing installs, I found out that the thing is a
commerce tracker. (spyware)Not sure why Ad-aware doesn't find it. I also think (pretty sure) that it has been causing problems with IE on my XP box like IE timing out when trying to move to another directory, not being able to pull down your MRU in IE ect.... for what its worth - clean out the registry first. I searched for "qwish" and "znco.." (whatever the directory name is) and was able to delete all the files after rebooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back