Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems w/ attachments for some Contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bworley

MIS
Mar 26, 2002
US
I have a user who has problems sending emails with attachments to a particular external email account in his Contacts folder. The attachments cannot be opened. This user can send the same attachment to another external email account and it will be delivered and opened without any problems. A co-worker can also send the same problem external email account an email with the same attachment and it will be delivered and opened without any problems. Is it possible that the Contacts folder is corrupted in some way? We are running Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2000 on the clients.

Thanks.

I would suggest that the first user's Outlook settings may be set odd. I'd start by comparing the settings under Tools | Options | Mail Format tab and make sure the Message Format and the settings button, sections match on both Outlook clients you have. It could be that one is using mime to encode the message and the other is using uuencode or some other setting. The reciept's mail server may only be able to deal with one type of encoding and not the other.

Good Luck,

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back