Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems view video using windows media player 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mjack70

Technical User
Apr 13, 2005
US
I have a problem that I can't resolve. I can't get play video's on windows media player 10. I can play music on it but not any type of videos. I can't play video's on real player either. I have tried to download macromedia player 8.0 but that did not solve the problem. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I have windows me and have installed all critical windows updates.

If you are trying to watch DVDs, the problem may lie in the lack of an mpeg coder/decoder. Windows & WMP do not include these necessary pieces of software. They are usually included in some other product, and WMP will then work fine. The trick is in finding other software that includes the decoder.

If I go to a website that lets you watch a quick video, it does not work. I can play music with no problem but not watch videos. Any ideas....

Bump!!

I can't watch a video that is on a website. I can listen to music. Any ideas.. I am stumped..This is windows ME.

You need to find a "DVD codec". This piece goes between the application software and the DVD player, sort of. None of the video playback software will play if you don't have the codec part. Places like Microsoft will try to sell one, but you can find free ones, like the k-lite codec, which also includes codecs for divx and some others. HEre's one place to get it.

Beware of the ads and popups, but the codec itself is okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back