Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems Using Site Manager version 14 and BayRS version 14 on BLN-2 R

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTuo

MIS
Jun 28, 2004
US
I have worked with Nortel Switches and routers for some period of time. I'm new to a new environment and I'm noticing that with version 14 in this environment, when I site man in to a router and make changes, often site man looses connectivity and sometimes hangs the router when multinetting an interface. Points to remember

1. when I site man in, I'm on a different interface than that which is being modified.

2. The version of code is 14 (so I'm hoping that someone knows of some anomalies that have been fixed with later versions of code which could eliminate this problem.

3. I'm in an environment thats critical that it be available, so getting time to bring things down, sometimes takes weeks before all departments will approve a window.

Any information, articles in reference, error codes or nortel documentation to support this case for me would be greatly appreciate... and of course, if someone has a remedy...

Have you tried the latest rev 15 Site Mangler ?????

Rick Harris
SC Dept of Motor Vehicles
Network Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back