Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problems using directories

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSonaglioni

Programmer
Jul 11, 2000
AR
Hi , everybody!!!!<br>how can i ask whether a directory exists or not???<br><br>because i'm working with parametrized directories with lots of subdirectories .<br><br>Please help me!!! , THANKS!!!!!!

Try using the DirectoryExists function<br><br>DirectoryExists(absolute_path)<br>something like<br>&lt;cfif DirectoryExists('c:\yourdirectory')&gt;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;- you can use it -&gt;<br>&lt;cfelse&gt;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;- you can create it -&gt;<br>&lt;/cfif&gt;

One additional note I'd like to add:&nbsp;&nbsp;The DIrectoryExists function will work for only the directories on the server unless you are using CF Server Enterprise Edition.&nbsp;&nbsp;If you need to do something like:<br><br>DirectoryExists('\\otherserver\dir\subdir')<br><br>You must have CF Server Enterprise Edition.&nbsp;&nbsp;

thanks JANOH and DBARNHART , I 've solved part of the problem!!! , now i'm in way to&nbsp;&nbsp;save these files to an oracle DB&nbsp;&nbsp;, using&nbsp;&nbsp;a procedure!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back