Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems using DDE to call application

Status
Not open for further replies.

parkfairfax

Programmer
May 22, 2001
US
I am using DDE to run a program called ISYS which is a search program. These are my commands:

#1 Isyschannel = DDEInitiate("IQW", QryCmd")
#2 Access.DDEPoke Isyschannel "Action", "Query" & Searchstring

I can get ACCESS and ISYS talking to one another, because my minimize commands work, but when I try to pass the Searchstring to ISYS I get an error.

Is anyone familiar with this enough to let me know whether there is anything wrong with my command (#2) listed above?

I don't know anything about ISYS, but I notice that the command lacks a comma after 'Isyschannel'. Also, the third argument does not have a space after 'Query'. Check your ISYS DDE command reference and see whether you need a space there.

When you get an error, you should ALWAYS report the error message when asking for help. Although they may seem cryptic to you, some of us understand them and can go straight to the real problem. Learning to interpret error messages is worthwhile--they will usually save you from wasting time looking in the wrong place.

Rick Sprague
Want the best answers? See faq181-2886
To write a program from scratch, first create the universe. - Paraphrased from Albert Einstein

Thank you. The syntax is correct in the programming statement on the PC we are using, I copied in wrong.

The syntax errors alone, I still need some help with this, so if anyone knows anything about Access and DDE commands I could use the help. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back