Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems upgrading 1416 digital phone on 500 v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rstel

Vendor
May 9, 2011
US
Phone will not upgrade via manager or memory card

that is because you don't have a memory card in a V1 chassis
ake sure that you have in Manager the file server enabled in the preferences

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

ôThis is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Thanks for the info, I checked the preferences and enable BootP and TFTP servers is ticked

Rstel

still no joy I guess.
Make sure that you have the proper files in the Manager directory and that the Manager is pointing to the correct directory in Preferences as well

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

ôThis is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Binary directory are pointed to Manager in Preferences. When I open manager in explorer there are only 3 BIN files that are 1400 & 2 that are 1403.

Open Monitor. Check your TFTP filter for the file the Avaya is asking for.
Find the file in your PC.
Manager>File> Preferences> Directories> Binary Directory (Point it to where the file is located in your PC or drop it into the manager folder)

If it's not there, see if you can find it in an earlier version of manager you should be carrying.

Dulce et decorum pro Avaya mori

Also, make sure windows firewall is off, if it's on. That'll stop TFTP.

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back