Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems trying to undo a posted invoice batch 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlraley

Technical User
Sep 21, 2009
US
I have an invoice batch that I need to credit out.

However, whenever I try to do this I get an error invoice does not exist in something or another. But the invoice is actually there for me to view.

What I normally do when I have a posted invoice batch that I need to credit out is go to the invoice batch and export it as an excel file. I change the applied to invoice to the current invoice and add a number in sequence to the invoice number and change the type from a 1 to a 3.

This has worked fine before; however now it gives me some error that the invoice does not exist, but I know it exists b/c I just imported from the invoice batch that included the invoice.

Is there a way I can credit out this entire invoice batch so that the customers aren't billed for it with it doing this?

Is it as simple as adding a credit for the ammount to the customers involved? I know adding a credit will bring the balance to 0 but are they going to get docked late fees since its not letting me apply it to the invoice batch?

I think the problem was that I imported a csv file for the invoices, which I then adjusted the values in the invoices themselves within the batch list and saved them. I guess something messed up in the process of all this since it won't let me "undo" the batch.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated b/c as of now I am stumped.

Sorry, the invoice doesn't exist. Check your work. Maybe the batch isn't posted.

The thing is it is posted, and I go to invoice listing and the invoice is there. That is the problem I am running into.

For instance.

Invoice entry for batch 3673
Includes invoice for customer number 1318
Invoices titled IN2010-01-15-1C
Total for 0.00 after I adjusted the amounts of the items down to 0 for this invoice.

Going through the posting from the export of that invoice batch, changing the applied to invoice to IN2010-01-15-1C and the invoice to IN2010-01-15-1Cb and the type to 3. It gets to this invoice and says the invoice doesn't exist.

Now I tried deleting that entry and retrying; however, it just gets to another one I adjusted the charges on, not all of them are 0, and says the invoice does not exist again.

Any ideas how to fix this? Or at least get their balances of the customers charged on this invoice to 0 and not have them be billed late fees for the invoice batch repeatedly?

Huh?!? Why are you exporting? You said the balance is zero. There's nothing to "fix". You need to either get some training, or talk to your Accpac consultant.

There are 224 entries in the batch, I am exporting b/c of those 224 entries I only have a handful of ones with that were charged with the 0.

We basically have a series of charges on each invoice. In this case the customers were double billed and we had altered the invoices to account for what they were double billed. Some users that removed all the charges but must it only removed a handful of the charges on each invoice.

We later decided to rerun the billing from start to finish instead of having the extra charges tacked on in a separate batch to ensure that all the charges were adjusted correctly.

So I was going to export this batch and credit out the previous invoice batch. This is where I am running into the errors that the invoice doesn't exist when it clearly does. You even see the invoice charged to the customer in the customer history information.

Any ideas on what I can do?

Sorry, in Accpac the error message "invoice does not exist" is correct 100% of time. You probably connected the wrong customer number to it.

I don't understand that, b/c if I got to invoice entry and look up the invoice batch I exported from, these invoices it says are not there are there and that batch is posted.

Is there any other way I can make that invoice paid off?

FYI, for those of you watching this thread, we took this offline, and there was a filled-up hard drive in the middle of this cock-up. Nothing worse than a full hard drive without good backups...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back