Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems to switch my pc on after it was switched off

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivti07

Technical User
Nov 18, 2002
DE
i noticed a strange fault with my abit kt7 raid based pc:
if i try to power my pc on after it was unused e few days, it does not execute the power on selftests - after i switch it off and disconnect the powercord, reconnect it and switch on again everything works fine also warmboots are possible without problems.
if i shutdown and switch the pc off, i first have to disconnect the powercord for a while before a coldboot with POST is executed. when the pc was booted with this little tricks it works fine and without any problems!
is there anybody who can give me an advice to fix this problem??

sounds like a power supply issue.

Computer/Network Technician
CCNA

to clarify, does the system power up and the mobo just doesn't POST, or does it not turn on at all?

CCNA

To LloydSev: this was the first idea i had but unfortunately the problem was the same with a diferent power supply!

no, the pc doesn't start at all but all the fans are running, hdds cd drives are running but no video signal is generated (graphic board was already exchanged) in this case i just have to switch off using the power button, disconnect the powercord for a few seconds reconnect it and switch on again - everything works fine!! i promise this is no joke!!

well that sounds like a mobo then, if everything spins up with no POST and have already ruled out the power supply.

CCNA

to LloydSev & bcastner: yes i guess you are right - bcastner may have found the reason for my trouble in fact i noticed some capacitors like them shown on on my mobo!! i will try to replace them!!

thanks a lot to all of you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back