Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems to connect 2 PCs together with a Siemens Gigaset Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

appi

IS-IT--Management
Mar 17, 2003
CH
Hi all,

first of all I do not use the WLAN functions of my router for the PCs, only the printer is connected over WLAN.
But I have a Laptop and a PC connected in two different ways to this Router:

Laptop - Direct LAN cable
PC - LAN via Powerswitch

Both have IPs in the Router and working fine for itself.

But I could not create connections between this two computers. They could connect to the Internet via my router without problems, but the internal cycle won't work.
I am not very familiar with setting up NET - but with some help, if posible, I think I could fix the problem

thanks in advance
appi

A couple of things to start with...

Make sure that both computers are set up in the same workgroup. (Control Panel, System, Computer Name)

Make sure that your personal firewalls are set up to allow file and print sharing.

Have you created network shares? You need to set up secuirty to allow the other computer into the share.

These are just a few basics that many times get in the way.

Good luck.

Dan

Hello Dan,

in Pt 2 and 3 I am quite sure that I have done it.
later today I will check pt1 ... could be the workgroup
For pt3 i can say that I could not get that far, because I could not see the other computer in the Network. I have set up some shares and give all rights (just for test), but the computer is not shown in the Network

appi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back