Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems setting up disaster site

Status
Not open for further replies.

t113598

IS-IT--Management
Mar 11, 2002
US
Server 2003
Great Plains 5.5

I'm trying to setup a server for our disaster site. When I try to open our company in GP I get a Dynamics error: "Files for this company have not been updated." When I try to update the files using Dynamic Utilities the update process appears to start but nothing happens.

The versions are all the same expect for the server version - our production machine is Server 2000.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

jw

Great Plains 5.5 does not work 100% on SQL 2000. Hence why it was never supported.

This is why the GP Utilities appears to start but does nothing.

You will have to use SQL 7 if you want to continue to use GP 5.5. Otherwise upgrade to a newer version of GP if you want to make use of SQL 2000 (Version 6 onwards work on SQL 2000).

Robert

I would venture a guess that GP 5.5 may have some issues with Win 2003 since support for 5.5 ended before Win 2003 came out.

Check the DB_Updates table in the Dynamics DB. Make sure the version numbers (major and minor) are correct for the company having the problem. If there are entries in this table for companies that do not exist in the install, delete the extra lines.

Richard L. Whaley
Accolade Publications, Inc.
Documentation for Software Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back