Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problems searching for text in CR Viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilburn

Programmer
Apr 10, 2002
US
Has anyone else seen problems searching for text in a report that is displayed in the viewer? I'm using VB6 and Crystal 8.5. When I search for text on the current page, it will usually (but not always) be found. However, searching for text that is on a later or previous page fails. I haven't been able to find a pattern in this behavior. I'm wondering if subreports have something to do with it - my report has many subreports.

This problem has been hanging over my head for a while now so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Cathy

I talked to tech support at Seagate, and the problem is that you cannot search into or out of a subreport. This was a known issue, but I couldn't find anything on their website. Also, they don't know when it will be fixed. Tech support is supposed to getting back to me on my options.

Following is the email I received from tech support.

Hello Cathy:

I was able to locate the problem ID for the issue we were discussing re
searching through the report, including subreports. The ID is 00005080.
The issue has been assigned the status of "enhancement". It has not been
added into the version 9 product, thus I would be looking for it in
version 10, but I can not say that this will be done. Essentially, the
enhancement we are looking for is to be able to continue to search from
main report to a subreport object and back out to a main report, to
another subreport object, etc, etc.

I know this is not what you were looking for, but at least we're in the
know on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor