Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems restoring Exchange mailboxes with ArcserveIT 6.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

spellerini

IS-IT--Management
Apr 4, 2003
GB
Hi All,

When I try and restore Exchange mailboxes from the tape device connected to my backup server to my Exchange server, I get the following error: E3201 unable to connect to network drive (drive=\\server\admin$, ec=logon failure)

I am using the Administrator account to connect, and have tried the Domain and Local admin passwords, and also specifying the domain name\username. Both severs are Windows NT, and in the same domain.

Any ideas?

Check to make sure that the account the ARCserve services are using have permission over the winnt directory on the destination machine (although I would think if this were the problem the backups would also be failing). I would also make sure that the system account has permissions over the winnt directory (since the services start with the local system account by default).

The winnt directory on the destination server has Everyone with Full Control permissions, so it's not that. I've tried it with the dbagent account that is used to allow Arcserve access to Exchange fot the backup, but this makes no difference.

I have exactly the same problem as you describe and have tried numerous things including re-installing the agent. Will let you know if I find a solution....

did anyone resolve this problem, as I have the same issues

Never found a solution in the end. We have now decomissioned the server and migrated to Exchange 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back