Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems Restoring a single mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conman

IS-IT--Management
Jan 22, 2002
IE
I have a simple E2K and W2k network I am trying to rearoe a single mail but when I go to restore all I can see is "Folder_Info/Messages" in "Inbox" for wxample, should I be able to see individual mails as I can see the when I backup the mail boxes. I am using Arcserve 2000(SP4) and Exchange agen with relevent pataches. Thank you in advance for your help.

C.

The Exchange agent does not currently support restoring individual mail items. The lowest level to restore is the contents of a inbox/outbox (etc.) which is basically the same as restoring that particular inbox/outbox (etc.)

I think ARCserve with exchange agent can support the individual mailbox include inbox/outbox/tasks/calander etc,
I have restored the user's mail by ARCserve restore action.
In restored mode,you cannot read the user's mail concents.
But you can through another way to read the user's mail if you are your company's administrator. But it is not good action.

Good luck. Peter

I had the same issue trying to restore an individual e-mail and no, you can not do that. I wonder if anyone knows if it is a feature in Arc Serve v 11.
I do know that it is a feature in Veritas though...

HI,

BAB 11.1 has a new Add-on Premium agent for Exchange. THis is also called as the Document level backup agent. If you backup the mailboxes using this agent, you would be able to restore a single email.

So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

The ability to restore individual mail items was introduced with ARCserve Backup version 11.1 Premium Exchange agent. In ARCserve 2000, the backup screen may list the individual mail items, but they are grey and not green. That indicates that you are not backing up on an individual mail item basis, and are only backing up entire folder contenst. BAB 11.1 Premium agent does not allow you to backup individual mail items (as far as I am aware), but does allow restoring individual mail items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back