Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems resizeing my page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexusens

Programmer
Feb 6, 2007
CA
The proplem is most evident on this page the large pics are sposed to stay on the left the small on the right. However when resized or viewed on a non widescreen monitor some of the pic on the right align center of page, when the are supossed to align center of the right half of the page (not including my nav buttons). I tried to use tables to solve the problem however tables dont like div's is there an other way I can keep my pics aligned

"Tsune ni ite, kyu ni awasu

Sorry forgot to add my css above so here it is.
body {margin-top:0px;}
a:link {color:blue;}
a:visited {color:green;}
a:hover {color:red;}
a:active {color:green;}
.B {font-weight:bold;}
.C {text-align:center; font-family:"Times New Roman";}
.FL {float:left;}
.FR {float:right;}
.L {text-align:left; font-family:"Times New Roman";}
.XXLTC {font-size:xx-large; text-align:center; font-family:"Times New Roman";}
.I {color:white}
.J {text-align:justify; font-family:"Times New Roman"; text-indent:50px;}
.JM {text-align:justify; font-family:"Times New Roman"; padding-left:50px;}
.NB {border-width:0;}
#top {position:fixed; top:0; left:20%; height:20%; overflow:auto;}
#side {position:fixed; padding-top:10px; top:0; left:0; width:20%; height:100%; overflow:auto; text-align:center;}
#contents {position:fixed; top:20%; left:20%; bottom:0; right:0; padding-left:22px; padding-right:22px; overflow:auto;}

I would say what you're dealing with is a list of colours. So, if you put your colours in the list, you can float (or give enough of margin-left to) the list and you will guarantee it not falling into the wrong side again. And it is a semantically correct solution.

If you need help with styling the list (as I said, I would either float it to the right or give it sufficient margin-left to avoid the main pictures floated to the left), let us know.

Thanks Vragabond, I cant belive I forgot about lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back