Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems re-installing Visual dBase 7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbkeen

Programmer
Nov 3, 2003
GB
I recently downloaded dBase 2.5 demostration and after trying to run the exe file the installation failed, worse than that I am no longer able to access dBase 7.1 and am getting a database engine error message. Have tried uninstalling 7.1 and re-installing but this fails and the program group is not formed. Have also tried to install 7.1 into a different program folder but this did not work either, so now I have two lots of 7.1 which are not accessable. Have tried inspecting the BDAdmin file in ADAPI in corel application as this uses the borland DBE but this cannot be accessed either. As I have several applications under development in 7.1 I am pretty desparate to restore the status quo as soon as possible. Can anyone tell me how to get 7.1 installed and can I manually remove the previous version of 7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back