Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems on VP-206 - Voice Pro Phone System from Voice Logic 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbacchus

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2001
US
Hi All:

I was wondering if I could ask a question on the VP-206 which I recently bought. I use the VP-206 for both home and business (line 1 (home) Line 2 (Business)). I would like to set it up so that when a call is received on line 1, after the greeting message is played, that it goes directly to the mail box and records the caller's message after saying "Please leave your name...after the beep".

Currently, after the "greetings" is played, several seconds go by (too long) then it spits out a message "Please wait for your call to be transferred". It then transfers to other line which then starts ringing. Then a message is played to leave a message after the beep. Is there a way to avoid this from happening and program it to go directly to the mailbox "please leave your message after the beep" following the end of the first greetings ? Thanks in advance.

frank

Hi. First things first. Disable Auto-attendant. that's where you're getting the first prompt from.

Check your SW/EPROM levels.
search this board for old VP206 stuff.

next:
(I have similar setup)
I have all 6 phones set up to ring on line 1 and line 2, and all select line1 as primary except for the fax machine, which takes line 2.

next: when receiving a call, I have line 1 use the main greeting (which is pgm code 20 i think...)
then pgm that greeting so that it gives you the immediate response. then set your # of rings LOW!

Thanks alot..Appreciate it. Frank Bacchus, apc
Informations and Telecommunications Leader

Can anybody tell me how to get to this FAQ. I am new to tek-tips. Is is possible that it has been removed?

My question is really about fax detection for the vp206. Does the eprom upgrade really make much difference? I had one vendor tell me that the detection only went from 75% to 85% with the upgrade, hardly worth the cost.

Any general observations out there about faxing with the vp206?

clik on the link FAQ461-1970 and it will take straight there

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Anyone know where I can get a manual for the VP-408? I need a user manual (i.e. basic user functions like confrence, transfer, put on hold, ...)

If you need a manual or any part's for the voice pro units contact a company in Grand Rapids, MI, American Business Communications. 616-235-0973 They are the new importer for the Voice Pro Systems. They have VP-412's, VP-408's and the VP-206 units and will do repairs and upgrades to older systems.

As for an answer to leave a message after the ( BEEP ) the Voice pro has no BEEP, However is suggest that you use programm 44 and you send the party dirctly to the mail box. and record just a 1/2 sec. of nothing. This is only possible if you has Software Version 2.021.

Could anyone help me out?
I have VP 206, but the power supply went missing. I thought it was a 12V 1500mAmp, but I'm not certain. Could anyone look at theirs and let me know what it reads?

Coganoid,

Power supply is 24Vdc, not 12V, sorry I don't have the wallwart here at work so I can't tell you the current requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back