Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems On AVAYA Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

dclake

IS-IT--Management
Feb 3, 2009
LC
Hi Guys,

I have been having problems on a hotel network I designed and implemented using AVAYA Equipment.

The Hotel Has 2 Main properties and we have an AVAYA ERS 2526T as the core switch at the main property. This switch has 3 VLANS Admin1 (1) (192.168.0.x/24), Admin2(10) (192.168.20.x/24), Guest (100) (192.168.40.x/16). The main switch is doing routing between the two admin vlans. It has uplinks to 3 other switches in vlan 1. It also has a 100MB trunk to the other property (AVAYA 4526T) which carries vlan 10 (admin2) and 100 (Guest).

Both Admins networks share an internet connection which comes from an untangle Software firewall. The Guest network uses 1 internet connection which is connected to an AVAYA SR1001. There is a software DHCP server.

All of my problems are experienced on the guest network. We are having problems where guests cannot browse the internet. They can connect to the network and even ping but cannot browse. If the router is rebooted they can browse for about 5 minutes then the problem returns.

What is stranger is that we put an AVAYA BSR222 and then were experiencing dropped packets and extremely high latency. Today we connected all our access points to the BSR and this seemed to solve the problem.

Any ideas of what could be the problem here and how to resolve?

What is the edge switches being used ?
Also what is the Guest internet bandwidth ?
In the guest network how many users are using internet ?

Is there a reason why the 2526T has an ip interface in the guest vlan? Unless you have filters set up to prevent the guest vlan from routing to the admin vlans, guests will have access to your admin vlans and that internet connection.

How are your access points connected? Are they all in the guest vlan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back