Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems moving first server to new server

Status
Not open for further replies.

guidonet

MIS
May 16, 2003
US
I have built a new exchange box in my domain and am having trouble moving from the old server to the new. The mailboxes moved fine, however the 2nd RUS will not let me change to the new server. Also i can't for the life of me get the public folders to replicate over. I've done this before with no problems so i'm definitely stumped. When i try to apply the change to the RUS i get a popup saying "the specified local group does not exist." It's a win32 error with code c0070560, which i can't find reference to anywhere except in a list of win32 error codes. Anyone else ever experienced this? What local group could it be referring to. There is nothing in the logs and no problems using the servers, just this error which is preventing me from bringing the 1st server down.

Did you ever resolve the public folder replication problem? If so, can you share? Thanks, Fred Gaston

Well sort of, i completely stripped exchange out of my AD and set up a new exchange box. Brought it up to current patch level and mounted the old stores. Has been up for about a month now. The only glitch was getting the managing audit and security logs right to take hold on my DC's.

do you have a child domain? if so, rerun setup /domainprep both in the parent and child domain

also, make sure you don't have unresolved SIDs (deleted users) in your Exchange Domain Servers group

georgesz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back