Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems migrating from SUS to WSUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmail2

Programmer
Jun 15, 2005
IE
I can't find a forum for WSUS so hopefully nobody minds if I post here. I've just installed WSUS on a server which previous ran SUS. I migrated content and approvals using:

wsusutil migratesus /content E:\sus\content\cabs /approvals mysus /log migrate.txt

It migrates the content but when it comes to approvals it says the files are not found:

2005-07-01T14:25:06Z Started migration of content from E:\sus\content\cabs
2005-07-01T14:31:28Z Content migration complete. 581 files migrated
2005-07-01T14:31:28Z Started migration of approved updates from SUS 1.0 server on ldnadc01
2005-07-01T14:31:28Z Warning: SUS 1.0 update "com_microsoft.328940_xp_rtm_winse_51283_critical

Can anybody explain why this is as it's really doing my head in. I've tried several times now by migrating content first and then approvals but nothing seems to work. can anbydoy help at all

I was unable to get the approvals to come across on my migration and ended up going through them all to get it the way I wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back