Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems login in to Outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmorro

Programmer
Jun 23, 2005
US
Hi all,
I get the following error message when trying to log-in to Outlook:

Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The information store could not be opened.

How can I fix this and log-in to my Outlook?

Thanks in advance,
elmorro :)

Your .pst file may be corrupt, missing or have wrong permissions. Has anything happened with this file or the system lately?

smah,
What's been happening lately is that we have been getting lots of SPAM mail. Could this have corrupted the .pst file?

How could the .pst file be fixed?

thanks,

do a search on your local hard drive for scanpst.exe. Run that, and point it at your personal folder (pst) file when prompted.

Spam alone wouldn't corrupt or delete your .pst file. brontosaurus' idea is a good starting point, but sure to make a backup of your .pst file first, just in case.

also check the size of your pst itself. It is supposedly able to go up to 18 gb i think, but it almost always has issues long before that, and if your getting a lot of spam, that may be the issue.

Tyras

Thank you all for responding to this post. I will try your suggestions and post my results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back