Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems linking a dll project!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

elgohary

Programmer
Feb 16, 2005
US
I wrote some code to interface between a USB driver and an application. I tested the code by creating a control app and including the source. In the control app project I needed to include a series of files in order for the code to compile. None the less, the code functioned properly.

Now I took that code and cut and pasted it into a dll project. I included all the same files and search directories. For the most part the project options are identical. Differences being dll options verses application options.

I am getting the linker error.
[Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'GRAPHICS.OBJ'

I assume that this is related to Borland's Graphics unit which I am using in the code. Why am I getting this error? Why is it looking for graphics.obj? There is a graphics.dcu in my project options directories path. Why is the linker error present only in the dll project?

Any help would be much appreciated. thanks.

It turned out to be coming from Envision Image Library (a 3rd party library).

FYI: I do NOT recommend using it!!! There is no tech support and it is very flaky.

What image Library would you recommend using? I am just starting and well hate reinventing wheels.

It depends on what you need. I needed to have TIFF support. I later found a much better solution was to use libtiff. Though to use this, you will have to do some work to get the libtiff dll to link properly.

What capabilities do you need?

I have similar problem - when compiling program, which use TBitmap, without runtime package linker breaks building project with the same error as above. I have read what you have written here, but still I do not know what axactly I should do.
thanks for every advices.

You might wanna check out Image Magick. It comes with full source, it's not just end-user software but contains a very complete graphics library. I've used it for a while in the past and found it to be quite useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back