Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems Launching Eudora 5.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockIt

MIS
Apr 23, 2002
GB
I have been trying for days now to resolve an issue I am having with one of our users. On launching Eudora there is a huge pause(1-2 mins) before the splash screen appears and then another lengthy wait (3-4 mins) before the eudora window arrives and from then on going is just generally slow (almost like its running on a 286).

The setup is as follows

1.0Ghz Celeron Processor
256Mb
Win 2K SP3
Eudora 5.2.0.9
Users files stored in network location (N:\)

I have rebuilt th OS on this computer twice now and on both occasions it has functioned OK for a couple of weeks then returns to this state. I have also tried moving moving all the users files out of the default location which also works but when just the mail boxes and addressbook re-introduced it reverts back again. I have at least 15 other users all working fine with no problems at all.

I can see there is a problem with this users mail boxes but can't work out what?

Any ideas?

Have you resolved this issue? I have essentially the same symptoms with a 1.7GHz Pentium PC. I'm glad you mentioned your rebuilding of the OS because I was going to try that next. It appears that I get similar results just by copying the data files to a new directory then pointing Eudora to the new data directory - it opens properly a few times then is back to the 4 min. start up.

I have the same problem, and not only with a few machines no...these symptoms have appeared on just about every PC that has eudora 5.2 (IMAP not POP) on it...

machine specs:
Pentium III & Pentium 4
700 Mhz - 2.4 GHz
OS = W2K sp3
minimum of 256 MB RAM

I have tried everything...even the "fixes" that Qualcomm suggest:

The mailboxes aren't huge but most everyone have a mailbox that is above 1 MB (how can you not have that??;_)), but even with those of my users who have next to nothing in their mailboxes (in, out and trash...) this problem occurs...

I hope somebody out there has a solution......

I'd suggest asking the eudora-win email list. To subscribe, send email to join-eudora-win@sparky.listmoms.net .

zacker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back