Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems installing slightly older agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiefsmt123

IS-IT--Management
Mar 28, 2002
US
I have a test ePO server running 3.0.2(3.0.1 with the "bad" SP2). The workstations I have connected to this "test" ePO server have the updated agent installed.

We just stood up our production 3.0.1 server with Patch3 applied. All is going well; however, the workstations that where previously connected to my test 3.0.2 server will not install the agent from my 3.0.1 server. I've tried removing VSEN 7.1, removing the agent with cmdagent command line switch, etc. Nothing works. This happens on all test workstations that where previously attached to my test epo box.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Oops. I meant frminst.exe, not cmdagent.exe

If you wish you could remove the test agent first (frminst.exe /remove=agent) but it's not required.

When you run framepkg.exe /forceinstall /install=agent, it will upgrade you existing version. (read manual for further information on agent instalation package options.)

After you install the production agent just run cmdagent.exe /p /e /c to start agent-to-server communication. Also check the agent log ( default port) to see if there is any error with Agent/Server Keys

Thanks.

What worked for me was frminst /forceuninstall. Then I reinstalled VirusScan. This allowed me to install the older agent.

I will make note of your suggestion for future reference.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back