Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems Installing Premiere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush2

Technical User
Dec 18, 2002
US
I had Premiere 6.5 installed on my XP computer. After I did a system restore (using Norton Ghost) I tried to reinstall Premiere. It seems to install fine, but when I click the icon to start the program, I get a "Registration is invalid. Please reinstall Premiere." I never used to get that error.

Can any one give me some help?

Athlon XP 1700, Soyo KT400 MoBo, 512 MB DDR 2700, 160GB HD, ATI AIW 8500DV, Sony DRU-500AX, Pioneer 16X DVD-ROM

Have you sniffed through the Control Panel to Add/Remove Programs and removed Premiere that way?

Curious,
[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

I am having the same problem. I wanted to reinstall my Premiere on my computer, and when I did, it said to reinstall it again due to registration being invalid. So I did, and now I get the same message everytime. Its very frustrating. I dont have a clue whats going on.

Anybody have any ideas. Registration invalid has something to do with the serial number, right? I am using the right one, and it will even install everything. But when its done, it just brings that message up.

Thanks for any help,
Mitch

Hi guys,
Check the pane , where you type in the serial number, press delete and backspace to absolutely ensure, no commas or dots are blocking.
The serial number itself has to be capital letters and use also the dash before the last 3 digits.
I discovered, I accidently created spaces between the numbers, now it installs fine.

Good luck

FcotW

"Life's too short, why worry..?"

I will definetely try that. but I dont understand how it will go ahead and install everything, but then not work. If I purposely make a mistake typing the serial, it will say that the serial in invalid before installing. But when the serial is "right", it will install, but then say "registration invalid." Its pretty weird if ya ask me.

I agree, it's weird, or........... it's classified as additional security feature.

I used to install premiere 6 serial number without spaces, small letters, no dash, you name it, and it always installed fine.

Now, with Premiere 6.5 there is this "small" aspect of the
Adobe Mpeg encoder (MainConcepts, actually) which in my opinion, causes these error messages. In addition, to make life even more interesting, you have to "activate" this encoder after 60 days, no big deal, but annoying for us customers.

Let me know, how you got on.

FCotW

Well, I tried everything mentioned above, and nothing worked. This is mucho frustating.

I can see why they would want to put extra security features on their stuff, but at least make it user friendly. Things like this are such a pain.

Somebody else mentioned that they did a disk cleanup and that fixed it. I tried but to no avail...

Any other ideas.

Hi there,
sorry, no experience with "GHOSTING".

wHAT ABOUT THE OTHER OBVIOUS LAST RESORT, A manuell complete installation of the os -> then Premiere, no other application, though. Once it is up and running again, install the other applications.

Sorry, mate, I know, it's a pain...............

Good luck

Just wanted to add my cents worth! Frustration is a key. I have a newly built computer that I have configured myself and Adobe Premiere had been the only application installed on it for a few days and was working just fine those days. As soon as I loaded some other software, I had registration errors and the program would no longer launch. On a previous computer I had the exact same problem. Any ideas come across let me know. If I come across something I'll be sure to post.

What are your system specifics. What, specifically, changed?

Cheers,

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

What key resolved your issue, if I might ask. I have XP and just recently installed Premiere and it ran through the tutorial, I exported the video and then it crashed - "encountered an error" and "sorry for any inconvenience"
no help whatsoever. I can get as far as importing the file to the project but as soon as I try to drag it to the timeline it crashes.

Any ideas, anybody?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back