Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problems installing old JEDI with D7 and new with D2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonbondy

Programmer
Jan 13, 2009
US
I have been using and older version of JEDI with Delphi 7. When I installed Delphi 2007, I downloaded a newer version of JEDI and installed it. Unfortunately, it installed over BOTH Delphi 7 AND Delphi 2007, without any warning that I could see. I was hosed.

I'm trying to recover Delphi 7. Right after the above disaster, all I would get is error messages and exceptions from Delphi 7. I went into the list of Packages and manually removed every package that said JEDI and then tried to reinstall the D7 JEDI, but this has not worked.

What do I have to do to "clean" D7 so that a new install of JEDI will work correctly?

BTW, I haven no idea what the distinction is between JCL and JVCL and the like. I say this just in case my clueleessnes might interfere with my ability to deal with this situation.

I would tell you the version of the old JEDI, but there is clue in the ReadMe or Install.

At the moment, when I try to install the old JEDI, I get the error message "Installation of JVCL200_D70.DPK failed".

Thanks

Jon

You likely have the old Jedi in your library search paths so you have conflicting unit names. The Jedi install seems to work fine on my D6/D2006 install.

JCL and JVCL are two libraries. The JCL needs to be installed first as the JVCL requires it.

Thanks for your thoughts, but after cleaning the search path of everything that says "JEDI" in it, I still can't install the JEDI that installed fine previously.

Are there better places on the web to post this question? I tried the JEDI project, but that's a News Group, and I can't even see my posting.

Frustrating.

I found six instances of JEDI.INC. One is under the old JEDI, JCL, Source; another under old, JVCL, Common; another under old, JVCL, DevTools/Common.

Two more are under the new JEDI (JCL, Source and JVCL, Common)

Another is under Delphi 2007 (DUnitWizard, Source, Common)

What are you suggesting that I do about these files?

Thanks!

I ended up removing Delphi7 entirely and doing a clean re-install. Luckily, I had a copy of the original Registry values from

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Borland\Delphi]

That helped me avoid lots of installation headaches.

I guess we'll never know what got screwed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back