Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems installing eterm

Status
Not open for further replies.

robman70

Technical User
Aug 6, 2002
I'm trying to install Eterm on redhat 8 and i keep getting a msg that says i need libx11, to verify that i have libx11.a or libx11.so installed, im able to find libX11.so.6.2 in /usr/X11R6/lib, so i created a symbolic link from libX11.so to libX11.so.6.2 and specified --x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib/ when doing ./configure but it still gives me the same message. Has anyone had similar problems and able to successfully install Eterm. Any help greatly appreciated.

Make sure the /usr/X11R6/lib is in your /etc/ld.so.conf file, and run ldconfig. Then try it again. That is assuming that you are compiling from source. If you are using an RPM package, it's pretty safe since you have verified the existence of the lib to use rpm -Uvh --nodeps eterm***.rpm to install it.

unfortunately, yes, /usr/X11R6/lib is in my ld.so.conf file :(

any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back