Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems imaging unregistered Evo workstations with PXE 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick340

Technical User
Nov 14, 2003
US
I wondering if anybody has any suggestions on this. I have a bunch of EVO workstations that are about a year. The workstations are not registered. I'm using IP rules for imaging. When I boot the older workstations PXE will start I get a DHCP address and just when the linux partition should come down it stops. I am able to get this working on a EVO that is a month old with the same hardware. When I boot that imaging works great. I'm wondering if the BIOS needs to be flashed or is there a certain version of PXE that needs to be on the older workstations. Any ideas?

Hi. Where you able to resolve your problem? and how?

Have you tried forcing it?

if you press and hold CTRL - ALT, it will force the system to bot from network, you can then do a manual image of the workstation

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Brent Schmidt Certified nut case [hippy]
Senior Network Engineer

Thanks for your help there was a setting for CTRL ALT on the image so when I did CTRL ALT the image came down.

I didn't see anything obvious in all of the documentation I read about implementing PXE about holding ctrl + alt to force the imaging server to let an unregestered machine in.

THANK YOU provogeek. I wish I'd found this posting before. I'd have torn a little less of my hair out.

I had everything working as long as I had a registered workstation object...I've been tearing through my policies, etc. to figure this out. So simple!

Thanks again.

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back