Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems generating a Cube with a Macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

anibalgris

Programmer
Aug 31, 2005
ES
Hi,

I have created a macro to generate a Cube. It is executed across a scheduler and I have received the next error in the log file:

DMS-E-GENERAL, A general exception has occurred during operation 'prepare request with options'.
DMS-E-GENERAL, A general exception has occurred during operation 'start transaction'.
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Error en el cuadro de diálogo
DMS-E-SS_BAD_OBJECT, An invalid object name was detected in the SQL request.
DMS-E-SS_BAD_TABLE, The table 'infocontrol2.dbo.vwCPZRA' was not found in the dictionary.
(TR0153) Transformer can't read the database [obelix].

I can´t understand it because the table exists and the Cube generation macro has been executed perfectly during three days.

Any ideas?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Regards

Please, I am very interested in that question. I would really appreciate some help or hint.

Thanks a lot

Regards

Have you tried run the cube without the scheduler ??

Are all the table fields still existing ??

If you are Obelix, I m Asterix, but where is Idefix ? :)

Yes, the cube runs perfectly if I open the transformer and launch it.

The table fields are ok.

Scheduler at time is not user friendly to macros. Step through the macro in Cognos Script Editor, if you do not have any errors. Create a batch file to call the macro. This should fix your problem.

Slope

If it has run without errors prior, then an error now suggests that something has changed; network, database or machine configuration. I have similar problems with the network administrator's tinkering, microsoft auto-updates, anti-virus, automated backups; all of which ensure that the configuration I have is never quite the same each day.
Can you check any changes between last correct operation and first failure?

soi la, soi carré

ok, I will try first to create a batch file for the macro and tell you the results.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back