Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems following upgrade to NT

Status
Not open for further replies.

startacc

IS-IT--Management
Jan 21, 2002
IE
I've recently upgraded to NT Professional edition from Win 98 and my modem no longer works. There is no response from it when I dial and in the Device Manager is show up as OK.
Any ideas on how to resolve this problems.
Many thanks
Kev.

It probably shows up in Device Manager because it was installed in Win 98. Try removing it, and then re-installing using the correct NT driver.

ROGER - GØAOZ.

I have succeeded in Windows XP with the installation of a
"Hayes 336 FAX Modem"

by using the standard Windows XP driver for a
"Standard 33600 Modem".

The "Hayes" driver from Microsoft's XP database does NOT work with this Hayes modem, ( ha ! )

BUT, the STANDARD MODEM DRIVER for XP works just fine ! !

If you are having troubles with your modem in XP,
then why not try the "STANDARD DRIVER" for your modem type.

When other drivers, even from your own modem's manufacturer, have not worked, why not try the XP standard modem driver. It might just work !

XP and NT are quite different animals... You might be lucky and get a "standard driver" to work in NT, but the best choice by far has got to be to install the specific NT4 driver for the modem.

ROGER - GØAOZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back