Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems during script generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

anovice

Technical User
Oct 16, 2002
IN
HI
i am able to generate scripts using the 'Database' menu->GenerateScripts(the Database option i set to SQLServer 7.X),but when i try to execute the same,there seem to be many errors/syntax errors in plenty....where am i going wrong??
Pls help
-anovice

Well, I also encountered this problem (among half a million of others) when generating ORACLE code; reason was, I was using domains; if I have a domain "NUMBER16" defined as NUMBER(16), PD would create SQL statements like

CREATE TABLE <tablename> (
<column_name> NUMBER16 not null,
)

That is, domain identifiers have not been translated, nor had there been added CREATE TYPE statements or whatever is else needed to translate such type names in a DBMS.
This way, the SQL code snippets created by &quot;SQL Preview&quot; can only be used with caution.
DOes anyone know a way to make PD insert the &quot;correct&quot; (terminal) types?

Werner

(I'm really beginning to hate this ****ing piece of crap; PD 6 was allright, but 9 is hell, at least when using CDM and PDM generation with &quot;preserve modifications&quot; on large models imported from PD6. Simply UNUSABLE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back