Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems deploying first .NET project

Status
Not open for further replies.

ribbons

Technical User
Apr 26, 2007
US
Hi all,

I am launching my first .NET application and have run into a perplexing problem with the datasource.

I am using a .NET front end to pull a Crystal Report (by using the CR Viewer component) that gets its data from an MS Access database on our local network. This is a Windows application NOT web-based.

I developed and published this Windows application on our local network with no problem. I installed the application to my computer and it works fine. HOWEVER, when two other users try to install and run this application, they get a dialog box asking for a password to the Database. This database does not use a password. I asked our IT department to check on everybody's rights to the DB and all three of us have the exact same rights. I have checked the properties of the datasoure in CR and as far as I can tell, there is not property turned on that requires a password. I am not stumped. Any help would be appreciated. We're in between "real" programmers and they're stuck with me.

Ribbons

You might check the permissions on the folder that the access db is located in and the access db file itself. You should have those users try and open the DB directly, to verify that they have access to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back