Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems Copying files from AIX SAMBA share....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpor

Technical User
Nov 29, 2000
GB
Hello,

I currently have set-up on an H70 RS6K AIX 4.3.3 box Samba 2.07 with a share pointing to /tmp/reports.
The problem I am having is with Windows 95 & 98 PC's. I can open up certain files directly with Notepad via the share. But when I copy a file(s) I get a message about cannot access file. Yet When I open up the file in Notepad it allows me to save it anywhere onto the PC.
I have looked at other forums regarding permsissions on the directories and fiels and even used the 'mangled files = yes' option just in-case the files arn't recognised in DOS format.
This works fine if I copy them in W2k SP3.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks in advance. Jon.

I am having the same problem with Windows 95/98 machines connecting to samba files as well. The win2k machines are just fine. I am troubleshooting the issua right now. When a user from win98 tries to drag n drop a file from a SAMBA share to his/her PC they get an error: "Cannot copy file: file system error (1026)". Sometimes when they try to enter a folder they get "f:\filename does not exist".

If anyone can help that would be great!

Thanks in advance,

Drew

Still having aproblem with this.

Tried the mangeld stacks option and also hide dot files = no.

Here is what I am trying:

[reports]
path = /tmp/reports
public = yes
mangled names = yes
browsable = yes
hide dot files = no
readable = yes
mangled stack =100
read only = no
share modes = yes

If anyone has any ideas then that would be excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back