Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems connecting to UCM with IE 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

RKDavis

Vendor
Oct 3, 2006
US
I have am having issues using Internet Explorer version 11 with UCM on a CS1000 Release 7.5. The customer uses what ever computer they happen to be working from to access UCM. I read from a Nortel manual that IE 6.0, 7.0 and 8.0 are supported. Anyone have any suggestions? This is a community college so using Firefox or Chrome is not permitted on Admin computers.

RKDavis Wilmington,NC

The problem seems to be with IE 11.42010586.0 Update version 11.0.32. Does not matter if it is Windows 7 Professional or Windows 10. The only PC that is working is on the telecom room computer that is IE.0.9600.18230 Update version 11.0.29 on a Windows 7 Professional computer that I turned off auto updates. Running in compatibility mode this not help.

RKDavis Wilmington,NC

We use Management servers to access everything and they just put them up to IE11 have an issue where on the System Manager where you go into a link and after a few seconds it resets back to the home page. The server also has firefox 47.0 on it which works fine maybe that could work for you.

This is probably caused by an windows update. It modifies the TLS cipher suites.
You have to create or set the DWORD Value "ClientMinKeyBitLength" = 00000200 under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\KeyExchangeAlgorithms\Diffie-Hellman on the client PC from which you want to access the UCM. It is also described in KB3061518. Note that this is a security risk.

also set compatibility mode for the domain or ucm

Also having issues where i Get into the 6.3.17 System Manager but fails to open 7.6 Element Managers. I found similar issue on Firefox but then found if I set the following to False in "about:config" page it works:

security.ssl3.dhe_rsa_aes_128_sha
security.ssl3.dhe_rsa_aes_256_sha

Bignose21 is this for Firefox? Problem is the person accessing UCM is in a multiple campus environment. They never know what computer they will use. The standard is Windows 7 Professional,IE 11 and as computers are replaced Windows 10. I am suggesting they carry a laptop that has FireFox or a downgraded version of IE 11.

RKDavis Wilmington,NC

Yes that was for firefox only mentioned in case you could find similar in IE.

I just got our IE11 working I had to turn off TLS1.0 & TLS1.1 and turn on SSL3.0 then all good. The System Manager needs TLS1.2 on and then the Element managers need SSL3.0 under the IE Settings/Advanced. For some reason the 2 TLS settings I disabled were stopping the Element Manager opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back