Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problems connecting to backend 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

parkfairfax

Programmer
May 22, 2001
US
I have a front end connecting to backend which contains all my tables. When I set a password for the backend (which is the way it was set up before I converted to 2000), I get an error when I open up the frontend. Also, I am unable to open up any of the links to the backend tables, I get a password error.

I have a routine for refreshing the links, but it doesn't seem to be working. Does anyone know the secret that will get this bird working??

Thanks,

gm

When you attach the tables, can't you tell it to "save password"?

your probably right. if you have your backend database password security turned on when you link then it saves the password. If however you don't have your password set it does not save it which is what I did. I will try deleting my tables and then relinking with backend password enabled.

Thank you for your helpful suggestion. I believe I can get my database working now the way it was designed.

gm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back