Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems connecting to an Access Database, can find object

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delboy14

Programmer
Jun 21, 2001
GB
Using: Visual Basic 6 and Access XP

I am trying to connect to an Access Database from VB, I have done this before with no problems, and have actually had it working in this program as well. However A problem has occured, when I run the program I get the error...

"The Microsoft Jet Database could not find the object "2000Copy". Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path correctly"

The spelling and the path is not the problem as I have selected them from the file browser, I was wondering if there is a library I have to include in the references?

Does anyone know how to solve this? thanks in advance

Well you have to have ADO or DAO installed as a reference. Did you have it working before and then had your machine re-ghosted or something???? Is this a different version of Visual Basic?? Is that the only thing that has changed?? Are you including the .mdb with your file reference?

I put windows XP on to my machine re-installed Visual Studio and this error occured, I am including the .mdb file, I have also included the reference to ADO and DAO but that does not seem to work either, do you haev any other ideas?

solved, the problem was not the database it was the Record Source name, VB had put in 2000Copy the name of the database as the default table name, which caused the error as this is not a table name

What kind of Jet You use in the connection string!
Download the latest MDac_typ.exe!!!!

I had a simular problem happen to me. Your solution was different than mine. My database was Access2000 and I was trying to connect it to VB6 program. I converted the Access database to an earlier version then it worked fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back