Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems connecting iPaq to PC (Drivers?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zalmanp

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2003
US
I bought a ipaq 3845 but I don't have the companion CD for it. My OS is Windows 2000, The Pocket Pc's OS is Pocket Pc 2002.

I have downloaded ActiveSync 7 and it can't locate the Pocket Pc. In 'Device Manager' I have an Unknown USB Device that I uninstalled. When I restart my computer, as soon as I get into Windows (regardless of whether or not the USB is plugged in) it detects a new hardware, and tries to install it. It installs 'Unknown Device' and it has the Code 28 error message (Can't find Drivers). I tried re-installing the drivers, but the only one available is the 'Unknown Device'.

I have WCEUSBSH.INF, which I think is the driver needed (It comes with ActiveSync 7). How can I get Windows to recognize the driver? Is it the wrong driver?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Active sync is just a simple program written by MS to comm with the iPAQ. You will find this program will work with Palm devices.

I suggest you search the HP website for drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back