Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problems compiling - this time nessus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alana0246

Technical User
Jan 20, 2004
GB
Hi

Im havin a few problems on an my ultra 10 solaris8(10/01) box which ive recently built.

its patched and has the latest gcc, gmake, gtk, glib on it but when im compiling things im running into problems.

ive got snort compiled and running, but running "gmake" for the nessus-libraries im getting:

mv y.tab.c grammar.c
mv: cannot access y.tab.c
gmake[1]: *** [grammar.c] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/Solbinaries/nessus/nessus-libraries/libpcap-nessus'
gmake: [pcap-make] Error 2 (ignored)
cd libnessus && gmake

then further down it says:

pcap.c: In function 'getinterfaces':
pcap.c:319: error: invalid application of 'sizeof' to an incomplete type
gmake[1]: *** [pcap.o] Error1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/Solbinaries/nessus/nessus-libraries/libnessus'
gmake: *** [al] Error 2
#

other compiling problems have mentioned libpcre

any help would be much appreciated

regards

a

Alana,
The only thing I can think of is the directory path that y.tab.c resides is not included in you environment variable $path.

For the grammer.c problem, I had to use the GNU version of m4, not the version that comes with Solaris (I was using Solaris 9). Got it from .
For the pcap.c problem, I changed line 319 in nessus-libraries/libnessus/pcap.c from "len = sizeof(struct ifmap);" to "len = sizeof(struct sockaddr);". That is what nessus version 2.0.9 used.
Hope this helps

Don

Hi

Ive added the gnu version of m4 & made the ammendment line 319 in the file mentioned and nessus-libraries compiles no problem but then when i move onto compiling libnasl the following is the result when i run gmake:

/bin/sh /usr/local/Solbinaries/nessus/libnasl/libtool --silent gcc -pipe -g -02 'sh ./cflags' -c nasl_grammar.tab.c
gcc: nasl_grammar.tab.c: No such file or directory
gcc: no input files
gmake[1]: ***[nasl_grammar.tab.o] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/Solbinaries/nessus/libnasl/nasl'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

when i run a 'find' for y.tab.c there is no record of this on the system neither is there a 'nasl_grammar.tab.c' or 'nasl_grammar.tab.o'

regards

a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back