Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems changing date format within Business Objects 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ba543

MIS
Jan 15, 2004
US
I am working in Business Objects and creating reports through prompting for dates. I want to be able to prompt for reports using the format mm/dd/yyyy. I am pulling from Oracle tables and the date format is shown like this DD-Mon-RRRR.

I have brought the SQL from Business Objects and put it into to SQL Navigator to test. The field I am pulling from is a date/timestamp field. 2003-12-01 08:47:04. I am using the SQL statement below to parse out just the date field. It works for that but its not chaning the date value format to mm/dd/yyyy.
to_date(substr(RPT210ERROR_HAND.ERROR_TIMESTAMP,1,10),'yyyy/mm/dd')
This is the value that it returns 1-Dec-2003. I really want to return the value 12/01/2003. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks.

If you are pulling from Oracle then I suggest you have posted this in the wrong forum - this is SQL Server forum

Sorry about that, thanks for the redirection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back