Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems backing up snap server HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsz11

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2001
US
I'm running arcserve 2000 and I can't backup my dell snap server(705n) to save my life. I will run the job and what happens is that it takes forever to do anything. It estimates for hours and never writes anything. In 2 hours it might estimate maybe 400 Megs. At that pace it would take days to just to estimate all my data let alone actually write the data. Does anyone have any solutions before I decide to pull all my hair out???

Thanks

Sorry I should have mentioned that I downloaded the all the patches already.

Try running a new job but set file estimate to disabled in Backup|Options. If you get satisfactory backups this is, at least, a compromise but not a solution. James.Horvath@truedatasan.com
True Data Storage Networks., Inc.
CA Storage Solutions Provider
StorageTek Authorized Dealer

I tried that and it doesn't seem to work either.

I'm going to keep an eye on this one, because I'm having the same trouble. Backing up 40 Gb on my snap server takes about 24 hours. I'm anxious to see if anyone has advice for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back