Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems backing Up Exchange Info store

Status
Not open for further replies.

delski

MIS
Sep 3, 2003
IE
As Part of my daily backup procedure. I back up two exhange servers. Laterly I get the following error message from the Job log and the backup fails. All other sections of the backup from different servers work OK and I have no problem with the other exchange server

"The Exchange Store service is not responding. Backup set canceled.
Database was not found, or could not be accessed".

In evernt viewer on the media server I get the following
error

error ID : 34113

The Job failed with the following error. Acommunications failure has occured.

It points me to a web page which suggests that the backup device is a fault and to chose another one. I have tested this device and it works fine. This is the only section of the backup that fails. The agent service is installed and started on the exchange server and exchange admin is installed on the media server.

Is there anything on thing else I should be looking for. I've logged a call with this info to Veritas.

Try running a test backup to a File instead of to the backup unit to help narrow down the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back