Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problems after upgrading to 95 to 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

butler

MIS
Oct 12, 1998
US
Greetings,

I upgraded a pc by installing windows 98 over windows 95. I wanted to keep all of the users existing applications.

But now Internet Explorer does not work. It loads, but I get a page not found error for both internal and external sites. It's strange. TCP/IP is working and set up correctly. I can ping my company web server. DNS is working and name resolution is successful. I can log into our domain controler. All network drive are attached and can be browsed.

The PC had ie5.5 on it when I did the upgrade. I installed ie6 sp1 but that did not help. I tried uninstalling and re-installing tcp/ip. Now I'm out of ideas!

(also note that MS Outlook will run but not send/receive mail. No errors. Mail just sits in the outbox. I suppect the two problems are releated somehow.)

please help!!!

Thanks much everyone,
--bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back