Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems adding new text box to subform

Status
Not open for further replies.

osp001

Technical User
Nov 19, 2003
US

I've been trying to modify a database that someone designed for me. I've added a new field to a table, and when I search for that field, it's not in the Properties> Control Source> when I try to get to it from the subform. (The other text boxes link up just fine- the new columns I added to the table don't show up, just the old ones.) So, when I use "Build" to create a link, and it comes out looking something like this:

=[tbl_species]![price_other]

(instead of just price_other)

But then when I close everything up, and open up the form, the text box has #Name? in it, and doesn't allow me to enter data.

I'm still a little new to Access, so be gentle with me. :)

hi osp

Find out what the control source of the form is. Do this by right clicking in the little box at top left of the form and choosing Properties | Data | Record Source. (When the form has focus there will be a little black square inside the little box)

It could be that the form is based on a query rather than the table. In this case you need to add your new field to the query.

There, was that gentle enough?

FW

Bingo! That did the trick- and I only had to bang my head on the keyboard for about 3 hours before asking!

THANKS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back