Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with XML service -help-

Status
Not open for further replies.

isterios

IS-IT--Management
Apr 16, 2003
NL
I am running Presentation Server 4.0 with web interface. 2003 server.

Each time I try to identify on my client web server page, this message appears (sorry but it is a translation from french): "the authentification was impossible. Either your id were incorrect, either there is a problem with the authentification system. Try again or contact your assistance".

And when I go in the event viewer on the server:
"The Citrix XML Service object was not found: "404" "Not Found". This message was reported from the XML Service at address " This XML Service could not be contacted and will be temporarily removed from the list of active services. [Log ID: a71ecb1e]"

and

"All of the configured XML Services for farm "mycitrixfarm" failed to respond to this XML transaction. [Log ID: 225f1a1a]"

I checked the XML service. It doesn't exist. But this seems normal (as I read on other posts) because IIis provides this XML service, which is no more necessary.

So after searching and searching, I completely reinstalled 2003 server + Citrix (from the beginning). Idem! Same problem.

After, as my datastore is on SQL, I thought it was a problem with my SQL. So I reinstalled Citrix with an access database, always same problem. Same error messages...

I checked the local policies on the server: no specific policy.

Do you have an idea because I really don't understand.

Thank you.

Did you happen to recently install a hot fix to your WI server? I've seen on the Citrix forums that hot fix PSE400W2K012 results in the problem you are having. I know you have 2k3 but I just couldn't find the 2k3 version of the hot fix to use for this post. The hotfix removes the following files from C:\Intepub\Scripts

ctxxmlss.txt, wpnbr.dll

The fix is to search for the files and copy them back into the directory.

I hope it helps...

Tony

Tony

Thank you Tony.

I (once again) reinstall Win2K3 server with Citrix but with no hotfix and it works.

Si I will now apply the hotfixes and give here my results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back