Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with win Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagles1

Technical User
May 14, 2002
CA
Hi there i have some problem with OS because on the icon of my desk they all have a book help on it, i make three scan of antivirus and he find nothing, i'll try with msconfig and see if i could unselected some things there and nothing hapen. So what i can do to fix that problem.
thanks for help

Use System Restore to roll your computer back to a date to before when your computer worked right. Before the error(s) started occuring.

To start System Restore, click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore. Or, in the Help and Support main screen, click Use System Restore under Fix a problem.

Are you saying all your icons appear wrong? If so try this. Find folder options (I don't know where it is in winME since I don't use ME) and open the view tab. Place a tick in 'show all files' then ok out. Then search your computer for a file called ShellIconCache and delete it then restart the computer. At restart, a new ShellIconCache file will be created. Now see if the icons are correct.

thanks for help i'll try that

I tried to find this System Restore option on my WIN2000 computer and don't see it. Does it exist in Win2000? Did this work in WinMe? A friend is having problems with their Me machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back