Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with VM routing/notifications on Operator phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivtrook

Technical User
Jun 28, 2006
US
Magix system with Merlin Messaging:
I have an operator extension of x4555 and an personal ext. of x4552 that primary covers to the operator phone. As of right now, if I leave a message for x4552 there is NO notification and it ends up in the general mailbox (9991). I just left a test message in the general vm and it works perfect, lights up, message is there, light turns off when checked. Anyone have an ideas for why messages are being routed to the general vm box with no notification??? This one has me stumped. Thanks in advance

If x4552 has a coverage button on x4555, then you will never get a message waiting light on x4555. The Magix will only support a light for the extension itself and the general mailbox x9991. For how it is going into x9991 when dialing x4552, that is another story. You are sure when you dial x4552 that it is going to x4552's message and you are leaving the message there?

I would imagine the same would apply for Legend systems?

Yes, the message ends up in the 9991 general mailbox.

what release of the messaging are you having in use, you can program phantom mailboxes in the latest release (if I remember correctly) that record the message and dump it into a predetermined mailbox.
Go into the admin portion of the programming and check the mailbox settings for 4552.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back