Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with viewing crystal report in asp when usin javapluginviewer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thoang7

Programmer
May 19, 2006
US
When I try to view a crystal report (xi) using javapluginviewer.asp (instead of SmartActiveXviewer) I received the blank screen with X on the left hand-side and the message "Applet com.crystaldecisions.ReportViewer.ReportViewer notinited". What should I do to resolve this problem. Please help. Thanks.

Hi,
Are you logged into your workstation as a user with admin rights?

Were you prompted to Install the Java Viewer?

Do you have an existing Java run-time ( JRE) installed?

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Yes, I have installed JRE 1.5. I don't get the prompt to install java viewer (when view report you mean?) what else do you suggest I need to check? Thanks for your help

Try uninstalling all java versions from the machine, then see if the viewer call installs it then.

Hi, yes, that is what I meant..

The only other thing I can think of is to Uninstall the existing JRE and see if Crystal prompts then..
( if using IE6 on XP, check the 'Tools..Manage Add-Ons..' section and have it show all Add-Ons that have been used by IE - there may be some reference to the JavaViewer there and it may reveal any problems it has..

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Thanks for suggestion. I uninstall all java runtime on my computer, run the app but didn't get the prompt to install java viewer. What should I check then?

Oh, I just remembered, I saw this happen with firewall issues once, turn off your firewall temporarily to see if that fixes the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back