Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with type

Status
Not open for further replies.

leca07

Technical User
Dec 22, 2001
YU
I faced a problem I’ve never had before with Illustrator 10. When creating things such as brochures or fliers I use a lot of textual elements which I type directly into the artwork. But this thing happened today: when typed the text in and pressed Ctrl+S for saving the file this message poped up – Acrobat PDF File Format is having difficulties. The file was saved though but without the PDF compatible file. Then I deleted the text but when pressed Ctrl S again I got this message – This file has been modified outside Illustrator. Do you want to continue? I pressed yes and the file was saved but this time with PDF compatible file. I tried the same thing but this time I converted type to outlines. Nothing happened, the PDF File Format message poped up again.
I have to mention that I come from Central European country which means that I use CE keyboard settings and CE Illustrator compatible fonts, but this thing never happened to me before. (I have Illustrator 10 running on WinME).
I would appreciate any kind of good advice because I have a dozen projects that have to be finished by the end of the following week.
Thanx in advance.

It's a bug Illustrator seems to run into when running on windows. If this happens, try copying all the artwork into a new document. Also are you using a font manager? BEHOLD! As Steve Jobs introduces us the latest in desk-lamp technology!

No I'm not using font manager. And yes I tried copying all of the elements into a new dokument but the same thing happend.

hmm, did you try a save as instead of a save. that sometimes works too. You might wanna read my faq about font management. BEHOLD! As Steve Jobs introduces us the latest in desk-lamp technology!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back