Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with trunk to trunk call forwarding between sites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 30, 2008
US
Have a high school with PRI going to the admin bldg. Admin bldg distributes all calls for the district thru PRI's from LEC. Site B (high school) has police that want to call forward all calls to their cell phones. External calls come in to site A (admin bldg) then to site B, then back to site A and out to the outside world. If I dial from cell phone to a number in site B, the CFW works back to site A and intercepts to the operator. If I 4 digit dial from site A to phone at site B it works fine. Cls of phones is CFXA and CFW8. Going from site A to B, 4 digit dialing takes 3 trunks total to work. When this fails it stops at trying to access a fourth trunk. Am I missing something? 4 digit dialing works 100% and dialing from outside world fails 100%
Thanks

did not work. The scenario is as follows:
outside call-->PRI trunk (ncos5) site A-->PRI trunk (ncos 5) to site B--> telephone (ncos 6)call forwarded to external number-->PRI (ncos 5) to site A-->to outside PRI (ncos 5) to LEC. Both sites have RDR set to CFF. IF I 4 digit dial from site A to site B using only 3 trunks instead of 4 it works fine. Problem occurs when 4th trunk is used in the abouve situation.When system tries using the 4 trunk scenario it intercepts to the operator at site A.

this all set as well -

EXTERNAL XFER
CDB
Net Data - TRNX-YES
EXTT-YES

RDR Data - CFF (not CFO)
FTR Data - CFF

NEDC and FEDC values of the trunk route

Mato' Was'aka

Might also consider adding TRO to each side of the Tie route between A and B

TRNX=yes
EXTT=YES
RDB TRO=YES
STILL COMES IN DID TO TIE TO SET TO TIE TO INTERCEPT INSTEAD OF GOING BACK OUT 2-WAY DID TO CELL PHONE.

Site C in an Elementary for the same customer. I can 4 digit dial across tie line to site A across tie line to site B telephone back across tie line to site A and out 2-way DID to cell phone with no problem. Site A is an Option 81 and site B is an Option 61C. Both are on 4.50W software. They use the Option 81 for all inbound and outbound calls for all 19 bldgs in the district. Something is causing outside world calls to be blocked trying to come back across from the Option 61C.

In CDB, check your FTOP settings between the working site and the non working site, just to make sure one is not restricted.

The working site is still just using 4 digit dialing and not calling like a parent or other police. I will check it out anyway. 4 digit dialing works 100% of time anywhere in district. The problem is DID calls from the outside world that go to intercept.

You might want to turn on D channel monitoring and make sure you are getting all the digits you need from the problem PBX. Make sure you are getting the 9 (or other external dial code)in the string, if not, you may need to adjust the appropriate DMI to add it in.

Found a work around in building a bogus ACD group NCFW to external number and works fine. Don't know why but this is second site I have heard using this work around. The set CFW's just 4 digits and people calling from outside goes to cell phone instead of intercept to operator.
Thanks for help and suggestions all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back